The William A. Stroud Welcome Center is located in the beautifully restored and updated Cleveland, Akron & Columbus (CA&C) Railroad Depot.
Originally built for the CA&C Railroad in 1907, the building now serves as not only the Welcome Center for Ariel-Foundation Park, but also an information hub and available as a rental for private events. Inside there are updated modern conveniences, a spacious main hall, and offices for the Knox County and Mount Vernon Parks departments. The location is part of the Ohio Erie Trail system running from Cleveland to Cincinnati on the old rail bed that once carried steam trains.
The CA&C Depot, along with a nearby picnic shelter, is the perfect location for an event such as a family gathering, party, banquet, or work retreat, with the capacity for 70 guests. There is also a full bar available as well as an event coordinator on site at the time of the event.
The CA&C Depot was dedicated to William A. Stroud, a long time First-Knox National Bank executive, army aviator, and tireless advocate for public green space. He passed away in 2011 at the age of 90, leaving behind an honorable legacy.
Click to view the full size image.
A friendly stop for water, facilities, and local information where the Kokosing Gap Trail and Heart of Ohio Trail meet.